No products in the cart.
Synjardy – 60 Tablets is an FDA-approved medication for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults. It is used in adjunction with proper diet and regular exercise. This medicine contains two major anti-diabetic agents, such as empagliflozin and metformin.
Uses of Synjardy – 60 Tablets
Synjardy is prescribed to control high blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes. It helps prevent diabetes-related complications, such as blindness, nerve problems, sexual dysfunction, loss of limbs, and kidney damage. The medicine also assists in restoring the body’s ability to respond to insulin appropriately.
Empagliflozin, one of its primary ingredients, is an SGLT2 (sodium-glucose co-transporter-2) inhibitor. It functions by helping the kidney remove glucose from the bloodstream. This process also prevents the reabsorption of glucose in the kidney.
On the other hand, metformin works by lowering the production of glucose in the liver. Its other function also causes less glucose absorption in the intestines.
Synjardy – 60 Tablets Warning and Precautions
Do not use it if you are allergic to it, especially its active ingredients, empagliflozin and metformin. Note that this medicine can cause lactic acidosis. If you experience symptoms like trouble breathing, nausea, vomiting, irregular heartbeats, and muscle pain, report your condition to your healthcare professional immediately.
To ensure that Synjardy is safe to use, tell your healthcare professional if you have a history of the following conditions:
- Liver problems
- Kidney disease
- Bladder infection
- Congestive heart failure
Composition of Synjardy:
- Synjardy 5 mg/850 mg film-coated tablets
- Synjardy 5 mg/1,000 mg film-coated tablets
- Synjardy 12.5 mg/850 mg film-coated tablets
- Synjardy 12.5 mg/1,000 mg film-coated tablets
The recommended dosage for type 2 diabetes:
- Take one tablet twice per day. The patients should follow a dosage based on their current regimen and the tolerability of the medicine. The recommended daily dose is 10 mg or 25 mg of empagliflozin. For metformin, it should not exceed the composition recommended for everyday use.
Common Side Effects
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Stomach pain
- Yeast infection
- Sore throat
Severe Side Effects
- Less urination
- Upset stomach
- Trouble breathing
- Muscle pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Blood in urine
- Bladder infection